Gente di Mare
Terms of Service
”Gente di Mare”
exists to provide a friendly place to assist in genealogical research and to enable the free exchange of ideas and points of view. Because of this, we have a few simple rules for everyone.
By registering as a member of this forum, you have agreed that you will not:
• Verbally attack other members or moderators. If you have a problem with a member or a message, please notify the Moderator for the forum in question. If you have a problem with a moderator please notify one of the four members of the Administrative Group.
• Post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, invasive of a person's privacy or otherwise in violation of any threatening law.
• Post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations. These are inappropriate on this forum and will be deleted. Violators of this policy are subject to banning.
• Respond with a commercial post or by telling others to "email me and I will give you more information" - as all information should be posted on the board for ALL to see and use if required.
• Sign up with false or fake email addresses (such accounts will be banned and the domain will be banned from any further participation)
And that you will at all times:
• Be respectful of the opinions of others.
”Gente di Mare”
does not confirm the validity of any information posted on this forum. Posted messages express the views of the author of the message, and not necessarily the views of ”Gente di Mare”
We reserve the right to delete or edit any message that we feel is inappropriate. If you feel that a posted message is objectionable, please advise one of the Moderators for that message board by Private Message or E-Mail. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine at our sole discretion that removal is necessary. Please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
By posting messages on this forum, you agree that ”Gente di Mare”
can quote from or re-use the content in promotional materials, newsletters, or other documents. If we intend to use content posted by you in such a manner, we will notify you.
If you would like to pass on the information you find here to other websites, please do not copy and paste other people's comments without their written permission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us at:
|Only registered users can see links on this forum!|
Register or Login on forum!
Membership is available to any person over the age of 13 who registers and accurately provides all the required information, provides a legitimate electronic mail address and obtains a unique ”Gente di Mare” member name and password. Membership is non-transferable.
Although ”Gente di Mare” has rules governing objectionable content, this site is intended as an adult research and discussion site.
Parents or guardians of younger people may consider its context or content inappropriate for younger people, and therefore people under 13 years of age are ineligible to hold member accounts on the ”Gente di Mare” forums.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, effective April 21, 2000 for children under 13 years of age – COPPA - terms and parameters cannot apply as children are ineligible to hold membership of ”Gente di Mare”.